Featured Tequila of the Month, 1800 TEQUILA
1800 Tequila: SAYING IT ALL WITHOUT SAYING A WORD
Named for the first year tequila was produced, 1800® Tequila doesn’t rely on smoke and mirrors – it embraces the authentic roots and heritage that have contributed so greatly to the smooth, rich taste it has become synonymous with.
It’s not what you say, IT’S WHAT YOU DO
That’s why the brand continues to employ its original distillation process, using authentic masonry kilns and copper pot stills.
The age-old traditional formula is crafted with Weber Blue Agave plants grown in the mineral-rich volcanic soil of Jalisco, Mexico, and aged for eight to twelve years before they’re handpicked.
The bottles that end up on the shelves contain the same quality tequila as every bottle that has left the distillery for centuries.
Posted by O. Sanchez on 3rd September, 2016 | Comments | Trackbacks | Permalink
Categories: 12 Great-Tasting Margaritas for the Holiday Season, 20-foot tall fountain crafted in Mexico, Best Margaritas in San Antonio, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Un Poquito de Todo, Fiesta Plaza at La Fogata, La Fogata Awards
Tags: La Fogata Tequila of the Month, La Fogata Special Tamale Recipe, La Fogata Awards, Maragaritas blended to create holiday cheer, Fiesta Starts at La Fogata, Fiesta San Antonio, Fiesta Plaza at La Fogata
San Antonio Restaurant Week
DINE OUT & DIG IN August 13 - 27, 2016
San Antonio Restaurants are on display showcasing the finest Alamo City Cuisine August 13-27. Restaurants will offer special three-course prix-fixe menus for lunch and dinner throughout the city! Make your reservations and experience SARW lunch and dinner at La Fofata (Tier 1: $15 lunch and $35 dinner.)
San Antonio’s best chefs create exquisite menus that pair up with educated winemakers for intimate dinners around the city. Seize the opportunity to gather and dine with these esteemed guests.
Reservations are not required to participate – but, are strongly encouraged – and can be booked directly with restaurants. Your dining experience will be a charitable one. With each meal ordered, La Fogata will donate $1 for lunch and $2 for dinner to Culinaria and the programs it supports.
Restaurant Week celebrates food at all of our local restaurants! It is a cross section of the San Antonio culinary scene that encompasses a diverse range of cuisines and includes some of our most time-honored restaurants and buzz-worthy newcomers. The experience gives visitors and residents the opportunity to experience the quality, variety and hospitality that embody the San Antonio dining experience. Bon appétit San Antonio!
Posted by Octavio Sanchez on 3rd August, 2016 | Comments | Trackbacks | Permalink
Categories: Un Poquito de Todo, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Maragaritas blended to create holiday cheer, La Fogata Awards, Fiesta Starts at La Fogata, Fiesta San Antonio, Fiesta Plaza at La Fogata, Enjoy Holiday Margaritas at La Fogata, Commercial canopy available at La Fogata for up to 1000 people, Best Margaritas in San Antonio, 12 Great-Tasting Margaritas for the Holiday Season
Tags: La Fogata Awards, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Un Poquito de Todo, 20-foot tall fountain crafted in Mexico, Best Margaritas in San Antonio
Featured Tequila of the Month, CASAMIGOS TEQUILA
Award-Winning Ultra Premium Tequila by George Clooney, Rande Gerber, & Mike Meldman
Longtime friends George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman love tequila.
On the rocks, by the shot, at times, straight from the bottle. Tequila-filled nights with friends is how Casamigos was born.
Our idea was to make the best-tasting, smoothest tequila whose taste didn’t have to be covered up with salt or lime. So we did.
Casamigos, a small batch, ultra premium tequila made from the finest, hand-selected 100% Blue Weber agaves, grown in the rich red clay and cool climate of the Highlands of Jalisco, Mexico.
Certified Gluten Free
Posted by Octavio Sanchez on 1st August, 2016 | Comments | Trackbacks | Permalink
Categories: La Fogata Awards, Commercial canopy available at La Fogata for up to 1000 people, 20-foot tall fountain crafted in Mexico, Fiesta Starts at La Fogata, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Un Poquito de Todo
Tags: Commercial canopy available at La Fogata for up to 1000 people, Best Margaritas in San Antonio, Fiesta San Antonio, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Holiday tamales from La Fogata available November 20 through December 31, La Fogata Tequila of the Month, Un Poquito de Todo
La Fogata has won many awards and gained numerous accolades from city, state and national press over the past 35 years, including:
- Voted the Best Margarita in the annual 2014 Best of San Antonio, San Antonio Current
- People’s Choice Award, Second Place, KLRN Wine Taste
- City Guide San Antonio Best Margarita, Best Mexican Food
- City Search Best Margarita, Romantic Dining, Mexican Food, Outdoor Dining, Date Spot
- San Antonio’s Margarita Pour Off: so many awards that La Fogata retired from the competition!
- San Antonio Express News Readers Choice Awards for Margaritas, Salsa, Outdoor Dining, To Take Out of Town Guests, Enchiladas, and Mexican Restaurant
- Texas Monthly, “The 63 Tacos You Must Eat Before You Die”
- Texas Monthly, “Where to Find the Best Salsa”
- San Antonio Magazine, Best Margarita, Reader’s Choice
- San Antonio Express News, “Top Spots for Al Fresco Dining”
- San Antonio Magazine, Best of the City, Queso, Chips and Salsa
- The Current, “Best Of,” Fajitas, Patio, and Margaritas
- Featured as “Texas Comfort Food” in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz
- Southern Living, “Off the Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes that Made Them Famous” by Morgan Murphy, featuring La Fogata recipes for Cochinita Pibil, Enchiladas Verdes and Chiles Poblanos
- San Antonio Classic Desserts by Helen Thompson & Janice Shay, featuring La Fogata’s Flan recipe and Abuela’s Coconut Flan
- USA Today, San Antonio Mexican Best 10 List
- WOAI-TV, Best Margaritas in San Antonio