Featured Tequila of the Month, Tequila Código 1530
El Tequila Privado
It’s a question often asked in the outside world: What kind of tequila do those who ‘know’ drink in Mexico?
For generations, the answer has only been known to a select group of Mexico’s most respected families and Los Bajos’ finest jimadors – they are the fortunate few who have had the privilege of tasting El Tequila Privado, a private recipe from a little distillery in Amatitán. With no commercial pressure to ever bring this private tequila to market, a small group of Mexican families have heartily funded it. For several generations, a local Amatitán artisan and distilling family has passionately produced this spirit, never veering from the centuries old codes and customs – “Los Códigos” – that have made it the most selective tequila in the world.
For the first time, those who have enjoyed this private, previously nameless tequila will share what is now known as Código 1530 with the world.
Great things always happen at La Fogata, Voted San Antonio's Best Margaritas.
Remember to always drink responsibly and to never drink and drive.
Posted by O. Gonzalez on 3rd August, 2017 | Comments | Trackbacks | Permalink
Categories: 12 Great-Tasting Margaritas for the Holiday Season, 20-foot tall fountain crafted in Mexico, Best Margaritas in San Antonio, Enjoy Holiday Margaritas at La Fogata, Fiesta Plaza at La Fogata, Fiesta San Antonio, Fiesta Starts at La Fogata, La Fogata Awards, Mexican Food in San Antonio
La Fogata has won many awards and gained numerous accolades from city, state and national press over the past 35 years, including:
- Voted the Best Margarita in the annual 2014 Best of San Antonio, San Antonio Current
- People’s Choice Award, Second Place, KLRN Wine Taste
- City Guide San Antonio Best Margarita, Best Mexican Food
- City Search Best Margarita, Romantic Dining, Mexican Food, Outdoor Dining, Date Spot
- San Antonio’s Margarita Pour Off: so many awards that La Fogata retired from the competition!
- San Antonio Express News Readers Choice Awards for Margaritas, Salsa, Outdoor Dining, To Take Out of Town Guests, Enchiladas, and Mexican Restaurant
- Texas Monthly, “The 63 Tacos You Must Eat Before You Die”
- Texas Monthly, “Where to Find the Best Salsa”
- San Antonio Magazine, Best Margarita, Reader’s Choice
- San Antonio Express News, “Top Spots for Al Fresco Dining”
- San Antonio Magazine, Best of the City, Queso, Chips and Salsa
- The Current, “Best Of,” Fajitas, Patio, and Margaritas
- Featured as “Texas Comfort Food” in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz
- Southern Living, “Off the Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes that Made Them Famous” by Morgan Murphy, featuring La Fogata recipes for Cochinita Pibil, Enchiladas Verdes and Chiles Poblanos
- San Antonio Classic Desserts by Helen Thompson & Janice Shay, featuring La Fogata’s Flan recipe and Abuela’s Coconut Flan
- USA Today, San Antonio Mexican Best 10 List
- WOAI-TV, Best Margaritas in San Antonio