Featured Tequila of the Month, Tequila CASAMIGOS
Award-Winning small batch Ultra-Premium Tequila & Mezcal brought to you by George Clooney, Rande Gerber, & Mike Meldman.
Casamigos was founded by accident in 2013, according to Gerber. He and Clooney came up with the idea while the two were spending time at their houses in Mexico.
Clooney and Gerber's houses sat beside each other on the piece of property, which was called Casamigos.
lands of Jalisco, Mexico.
Posted by O. Gonzalez on 14th September, 2018 | Comments | Trackbacks | Permalink
Categories: 12 Great-Tasting Margaritas for the Holiday Season, Best Margaritas in San Antonio, Fiesta Plaza at La Fogata, Fiesta San Antonio, Fiesta Starts at La Fogata, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Maragaritas blended to create holiday cheer, La Fogata Awards
Tags: La Fogata Tequila of the Month, La Fogata Awards, Maragaritas blended to create holiday cheer, 20-foot tall fountain crafted in Mexico, Best Margaritas in San Antonio, Mexican Food in San Antonio, Fiesta Starts at La Fogata
La Fogata has won many awards and gained numerous accolades from city, state and national press over the past 35 years, including:
- Voted the Best Margarita in the annual 2014 Best of San Antonio, San Antonio Current
- People’s Choice Award, Second Place, KLRN Wine Taste
- City Guide San Antonio Best Margarita, Best Mexican Food
- City Search Best Margarita, Romantic Dining, Mexican Food, Outdoor Dining, Date Spot
- San Antonio’s Margarita Pour Off: so many awards that La Fogata retired from the competition!
- San Antonio Express News Readers Choice Awards for Margaritas, Salsa, Outdoor Dining, To Take Out of Town Guests, Enchiladas, and Mexican Restaurant
- Texas Monthly, “The 63 Tacos You Must Eat Before You Die”
- Texas Monthly, “Where to Find the Best Salsa”
- San Antonio Magazine, Best Margarita, Reader’s Choice
- San Antonio Express News, “Top Spots for Al Fresco Dining”
- San Antonio Magazine, Best of the City, Queso, Chips and Salsa
- The Current, “Best Of,” Fajitas, Patio, and Margaritas
- Featured as “Texas Comfort Food” in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz
- Southern Living, “Off the Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes that Made Them Famous” by Morgan Murphy, featuring La Fogata recipes for Cochinita Pibil, Enchiladas Verdes and Chiles Poblanos
- San Antonio Classic Desserts by Helen Thompson & Janice Shay, featuring La Fogata’s Flan recipe and Abuela’s Coconut Flan
- USA Today, San Antonio Mexican Best 10 List
- WOAI-TV, Best Margaritas in San Antonio